Is it bad to fold wetsuit?
If you need to pack your neoprene wetsuit or drysuit then the first rule is to never fold it. Every time you fold neoprene you create a crease by squeezing the tiny bubbles which not only looks bad but will greatly reduce the warmth in that area of the suit.
What is the best way to store a wetsuit?
Wetsuit storage tips
Keep it in a wardrobe, shed or garage – anywhere cool and dry – until you next need it. We don’t recommend folding or stuffing your wetsuit into cramped spaces as this can cause creases and damage to the suit. It’s also best to avoid leaving your wetsuit in direct sunlight as much as possible.
How do you Unwrinkle a wetsuit?
For stubborn creases, stretch the neoprene out on a flat surface like a table or floor, smooth the material with your hands, and wait 24 hours. If that doesn’t work, gently stretch the material. Keep it pulled taut for at least 24 hours to allow the material to breathe and release the creases.
How long do wetsuits last in storage?
On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it. A cheaper brand wetsuit that doesn’t have the same construction quality may only last for a season or two before things like zippers become issues.
How do you travel with a wet wetsuit?
Contributor. I take a garbage bag or 2 with me and a few smaller plastic bags. They compress to virtually nothing in your luggage and keep the rest of your clothes dry. Try to rinse the gear with fresh water before returning and a day extra to dry isnt a major problem.
How do you wash a wetsuit?
How to Clean a Wetsuit
- Get a wetsuit cleaner and a tub of cool water; then stir in the cleaner.
- Open all the wetsuit zippers, turn it inside out and submerge it.
- Knead the cleaner into the suit and let it sit for a while.
- Thoroughly rinse it with cool water and hang it up to dry.
How do you keep a wetsuit clean?
Here’s a must-do list:
- 1) A thorough freshwater rinse. …
- 2) Hang up your wetsuit properly. …
- 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry. …
- 4) Use some wetsuit shampoo occasionally. …
- 5) Banish the stink. …
- 6) Slow down when taking your suit off.
Can I put a wetsuit in the washing machine?
If you use your wetsuit frequently and replace it every year then you could use a washing machine to keep it clean, because your wetsuits are not going to last very long anyway. Washing machines damage neoprene so, if you must, do need to make sure you only use a slow spin cycle and a cool wash.
How do you clean a wetsuit that smells?
Bad Smelling Wetsuit? Watch This!
- Step 1 – Half fill your bucket with fresh cold water.
- Step 2 – Add washing up liquid, washing detergent and mouth wash to the water. …
- Step 3 – Add warm water to the bucket to make lukewarm.
- Step 4 – Wash your smelling wetsuit!
Can you spin dry a wetsuit?
Can you spin dry a wetsuit? No, you cannot because the spinning cycle is too intense for a wet wetsuit or any wetsuit, and it will come apart at the seams quite quickly. … Instead, always remember to hang your wetsuit out on an appropriate rack, and don’t be tempted to rush through it.