Where can I launch my kayak in Tampa?
Launch points include Topwater Kayak Outpost in Fort DeSoto Park, where kayaks and canoes can be rented, and several other areas off the park road. You can also just park at the eastern beach, and launch from the shore.
Where can I kayak in Hillsborough County?
The Best 10 Rafting/Kayaking in Hillsborough County, FL
- Florida Eco-Adventures. 9.8 mi. …
- Weedon Island Preserve. 16.1 mi. …
- Alderman’s Ford Park. 13.5 mi. …
- Sweetwater Kayaks Rentals at Weedon Island. 16.1 mi. …
- John B. Sargeant Wilderness Memorial Park. …
- Bayside Kayak Rentals. 9.7 mi. …
- Capt Yak. 7.0 mi. …
- Sea Life Kayak Adventures. 43.3 mi.
Can you kayak downtown Tampa?
Kayaking through the Hillsborough River through Downtown Tampa is a surreal experience. On one side you’re viewing The University of Tampa and viewing all of Tampa’s most iconic entertainment spots on the other! If you’re looking for a place to start, we recommend Julian B. Lane park.
What is a tandem kayak?
The tandem or double kayak, whether a sit-on-top or sit-inside hardshell boat or an inflatable kayak, can be a great choice for your paddling adventures. The tandem offers some significant advantages over a single kayak. First of all, it lets two people get out on the water while enjoying time together.
Where can I paddle board in Tampa?
10 must-paddle places in and around Tampa Bay (w/video)
- Hillsborough River (one hour)
- Little Manatee River (45 minutes)
- Myakka River (one hour, 15 minutes)
- Withlacoochee and Rainbow Rivers (two hours)
- Suwannee River (three hours or less, depending on the campground)
- Chassahowitzka River (one hour, 30 minutes)
What time does Weedon Island close?
Open daily, 7 a.m. to time posted (approximately 15 minutes before sunset). Daily closing time is posted at the entrance to the preserve. Weedon Island Preserve is closed on the day after Thanksgiving and December 25.
Can you rent kayaks at Hillsborough River State Park?
The park also has canoes/kayaks available for rent.
Is Rainbow River open today?
Today, the 1,000 acre Rainbow Springs State Park offers countless ways to enjoy its beautiful natural environment and crystalline springs that remain 72 degrees year-round. You can paddle or tube down the Rainbow River. … Rainbow Springs State Park is open every day of the year from 8 a.m. to sunset.