Why won’t my header row repeat in a Word table?
Right-click the table, and then click Table Properties. In the “Table Properties” dialog box, click the Row tab. In the “Options” group, make sure Repeat as header row at the top of each page is checked. Uncheck the box next to Allow row to break across pages.
How do I repeat header rows in Word table?
Repeat table header on subsequent pages
- In the table, right-click in the row that you want to repeat, and then click Table Properties.
- In the Table Properties dialog box, on the Row tab, select the Repeat as header row at the top of each page check box.
- Select OK.
How do you repeat the header row of the table so that it appears on the next page in Word?
Repeat table header rows with Table Properties
- Select the header row, right click to select Table Properties from context menu.
- In the Table Properties dialog, under Row tab, check Repeat as header row at the top of each page option.
- Click OK.
Why is repeat as header row not working?
Make sure that your long table is actually a single table. If it is not, then the header row won’t repeat because the table doesn’t really extend beyond a single page. The easiest way to determine if you are working with a single table vs. multiple tables is to click somewhere within the table.
Why is repeat as header row at the top of each page grayed out?
The first possible reason is that you had the whole table selected when you set the heading rows. … Now, select a later row in your table. If you again display the Layout tab of the ribbon, you should notice that the Repeat Header Rows tool is no longer available—it is grayed out and cannot be selected.
What does repeat header rows mean?
Header row repetition means that the header row(s) of a table will repeat at the top of each page on which the table spans.
Why is my header not showing on all pages in Word?
Hover the mouse over the top or bottom edge of any page until Word displays the white space arrows. Then, double-click the edge and Word will hide the header (and footer) and the white space. … Uncheck the Show White Space Between Pages in Page Layout View option. Click OK.
How do I put a header on every page?
Use headers and footers to add a title, date, or page numbers to every page in a document.
- Select Insert > Header or Footer.
- Select one of the built in designs.
- Type the text you want in the header or footer.
- Select Close Header and Footer when you’re done.
What is a header row in Word?
Header rows are rows that contain information that help identify the content of a particular column. If the table spans several pages of a print layout, the header row will usually repeat itself at the beginning of each new page. … Microsoft Word does not support the creation of table footer rows.