How do you put yacht in a sentence?
(1) A huge wave capsized the yacht. (2) He spent three days adrift on his yacht. (3) The Queen’s yacht was escorted by destroyers. (4) We swam out to the yacht.
Is there a word called yacht?
a vessel used for private cruising, racing, or other noncommercial purposes. to sail, voyage, or race in a yacht.
How do you use boat in a sentence?
Boats sentence example
- Naval preparations went on apace at all the dockyards, and numbers of flat-bottomed boats were built or repaired at the northern harbours. …
- I switched boats mid stream and expected you to follow me. …
- I’m trying to say that it’s all right to switch boats if that’s what you really want.
What is the sentence of ghost?
His eyes were twinkling, but only the ghost of a smile played around his mouth. I can sense the ghost , with trembling fingers dialing the number! Gabriel gave him a ghost of a smile. You saw his ghost .
How long does a yacht last?
Often, the usable life of a yacht is extended because of the uncertainty of the medium we are designing it to operate in. Typically, though, designed lives (of boats) tend to be between 5 years and 20 years, depending on the type of yacht. The actual usable life may be upto 30 years if the yacht is well looked after.
Why do we pronounce yacht?
However, holding to the notion that every word incorporated into the English language is comprised of sounds and that all sounds have been assigned spellings, ‘yacht’ contains three sounds /y/ /o/ and /t/. … We ’embarked’ on an exercise in seeing how best to link the sounds of the word to the way it is spelt.
How big can a yacht be without a crew?
What size yacht requires a crew? Yachts are usually ok to operate a boat without a crew up to 75 feet long (22 meters), although an autopilot is highly recommended to assist you with breaking and staying on course.
What is an example of a boat?
A boat is defined as a vessel used to carry people or cargo on water, or a boat-shaped serving dish. An example of a boat is a cargo ship. An example of a boat for serving is a gravy boat.
What is a example sentence?
What sentence example
- What time is it? 755. 241.
- What is an earthquake? 436. 217.
- What time are we going to leave tomorrow? 381. 188.
- What was that supposed to mean? 240. 110.
- What could he do about it but lose more sleep? 280. 152.
- What did she eat today? 125. …
- That’s what I say. 104. …
- What in the world is this? 120.
What is the sentence of pretty?
[M] [T] He introduced me to a pretty girl. [M] [T] She ignored him pretty much all day. [M] [T] She looks pretty no matter what she wears. [M] [T] I found it pretty hard to adjust to my new surroundings.