When should I wash my wetsuit?
1. CLEANING THE WETSUIT. By cleaning our wetsuit after each use we will be able to maintain all the properties of its materials in perfect condition. This process should be done especially after the use of the neoprene in salt water or in water with chlorine.
How do you wash a wetsuit?
As soon as you can, soak your wetsuit in cold or lukewarm fresh water (hot water can cause the suit to lose flexibility) with a mild solution of baking soda or wetsuit shampoo. using a mild detergent will keep the neoprene from taking on an odor. soak for about 30 minutes.
What do you do with a new wetsuit?
Here’s a must-do list:
- 1) A thorough freshwater rinse. …
- 2) Hang up your wetsuit properly. …
- 3) Turn the suit inside out each day until it’s dry. …
- 4) Use some wetsuit shampoo occasionally. …
- 5) Banish the stink. …
- 6) Slow down when taking your suit off.
How do you take care of a wetsuit?
- Salt water and especially chlorine can “dry out” the neoprene material. …
- Soak the wetsuit in a tub of warm fresh water (not over 120°F) for at least 15-20 minutes.
- After soaking, thoroughly hose off the wetsuit with fresh water.
Can I put a wetsuit in the washing machine?
Don’t wash your wetsuit in the washing machine! Or, dry it in the dryer! Or, use bleach, clothes washing detergent, stain remover, fabric softener, olive oil, jet fuel etc.
Can you use laundry detergent on a wetsuit?
Keep it clean
Sticking your wetsuit in a washing machine will contribute to a suit’s demise. But washing a wetsuit with a delicate dishwashing soap and cold water will not. And it’ll break down the body oils and bacteria, which leads to smelliness, just like laundry detergent.
Should I dry my wetsuit inside out?
Dry Your Wetsuit
Once you’ve rinsed both sides, you have to dry your wetsuit before putting it back away. If you don’t give it time to dry, you’ll trap moisture inside. This can lead to odors or even mold growth. Just like rinsing, you should dry both the inside and the outside of your wetsuit.
What is the best way to store a wetsuit?
After you rinse out your wetsuit, ensure you hang it to dry in the shade – and if there’s no shade, ensure it’s NOT hanging in direct sunlight. Additionally, always try to hang your wetsuit over a smooth, round surface, such as a balcony railing. Hang it at the waist with an equal balance on each side.
How long do wetsuits last in storage?
On average, a good wetsuit from a quality manufacturer should last anywhere from 4 years to 10 years or more, depending on heavily you use it. A cheaper brand wetsuit that doesn’t have the same construction quality may only last for a season or two before things like zippers become issues.
How long does a wetsuit take to dry?
So, how do you dry a wetsuit? Hang it up, folded at the waistline inside out in indirect sunlight or in a warm, ventilated place. Leave your wetsuit to drip dry for 6 to 12 hours, depending on how warm it is and turn it inside out at the halfway point and leave it to dry again.