What are the five steps in a pre-dive safety check?
The 5 Steps in a Pre-Dive Safety Check
- Step 1: B-BCD. The functions of the BCD are the first items to be checked during the buddy check. …
- Step 2: W-Weights. The second step in the pre-dive safety check requires you to check your buddy’s weights and weight belt. …
- Step 3: R-Releases. …
- Step 4: A-Air. …
- Step 5: F-Final.
What is pre-dive safety check?
The pre-dive safety check, or buddy check, is a vital part of diving. During a buddy check you’ll complete a final inspection of both your equipment and your buddy’s to make sure you’re both ready to enter the water. The standard PADI pre-dive safety check uses the acronym BWRAF.
What does Predive mean?
: done or occurring before a dive (as in scuba diving) predive equipment checks.
What should you do before diving?
6 Things You Should Do Before Every Dive
- Use the toilet. If you’ve ever swam in a pool, you’re probably familiar with that strong urge to pee that happens after we’ve been swimming for a few minutes. …
- Open your tank valve. …
- Check your air gauge. …
- Test your regulator. …
- Check your tank straps. …
- Defog your mask.
What should you not do before diving?
Here are some things to avoid just before a scuba dive;
- Spicy curries and soups.
- Heavy meals that take a lot of energy to break down, such as a giant steak or saucy ribs.
- Anything that is too oily.
- Acidic Fruits such as oranges and pineapples.
- Juicy and watery fruits if you already have an upset stomach.
What are the 3 A’s of buoyancy?
At this point, you’ve really only covered three skills: Regulator breathing. Proper weighting. Breath control.
What does ABC stand for in diving?
The ABC Acronym
A – Air. B – Buoyancy. C – Clips and releases.
What is a text prediction?
Predictive text is an input technology that facilitates typing on a mobile device by suggesting words the end user may wish to insert in a text field. … Android introduced a predictive text bar with its release of Jelly Bean 4.1 in 2012. One of the earliest applications for predictive text was T9 (text on 9 keys).
How do you delete predictive text?
Turn off predictive text in Android
- Open the Settings menu on your phone or tablet and select Languages & Input.
- Tap Virtual keyboard under Keyboard and input methods.
- Select Android Keyboard.
- Select Text correction.
- Slide off the toggle next to Next-word suggestions.
How do I get predictive text?
As you type on your Android phone, you may see a selection of word suggestions just above the onscreen keyboard. That’s the predictive-text feature in action. You can use this feature to greatly accelerate your typing: As you type, tap a word suggestion atop the onscreen keyboard. That word is inserted into the text.
What is the golden rule of scuba diving?
Dive like your shadow, do not leave any trace and be a sensible part of the underwater world, not an alien. Never enter the water through reed, living corals or water plants. Control your buoyancy. Keep distance from corals and other animals and do not stir up sediment.