How do I automatically hide rows in Excel based on cell value?
Using Filters to Hide Rows based on Cell Value
- Select the working area of your dataset.
- From the Data tab, select the Filter button. …
- You should now see a small arrow button on every cell of the header row.
- These buttons are meant to help you filter your cells.
How do I hide certain rows in Excel?
How to hide individual rows in Excel
- Open Excel.
- Select the row(s) you wish to hide. Select an entire row by clicking on its number on the left hand side of the spreadsheet. …
- Right-click anywhere in the selected row.
- Click “Hide.”
How do you hide a cell based on a condition in Excel?
Hide cell values
- Select the cell or range of cells that contains values that you want to hide. …
- On the Home tab, click the Dialog Box Launcher. …
- In the Category box, click Custom.
- In the Type box, select the existing codes.
- Type ;;; (three semicolons).
- Click OK.
Why is Excel not Unhiding rows?
If you select all the rows and click ‘unhide’ and they do not show up, then they are filtered and not hidden. Click the Sort & Filter button on the Home tab of the ribbon and then click ‘clear’. … On the Home tab, click on the Format icon Choose Hide & Unhide from the dropdown menu then select Unhide Rows.
What is the shortcut to hide rows in Excel?
To hide rows or columns you just need to select cells in the rows or columns you want to hide, then press the Ctrl+9 or Ctrl+Shift+( shortcut. To unhide rows or columns you first need to select the cells that surround the rows or columns you want to unhide.
How do you auto hide rows with zero values in Excel?
Hide zero values in selected cells
- Select the cells that contain the zero (0) values that you want to hide.
- You can press Ctrl+1, or on the Home tab, click Format > Format Cells.
- Click Number > Custom.
- In the Type box, type 0;-0;;@, and then click OK.
How do you show rows based on cell value?
Highlight Rows Based on a Number Criteria
- Select the entire dataset (A2:F17 in this example).
- Click the Home tab.
- In the Styles group, click on Conditional Formatting.
- Click on ‘New Rules’.
- In the ‘New Formatting Rule’ dialog box, click on ‘Use a formula to determine which cells to format’.
How do you hide rows?
You can hide rows containing information that you do not need to view or do not want to print.
- Select a cell within the row(s) to be hidden.
- On the Home command tab, in the Cells group, click Format.
- From the Format menu, in the Visibility section, select Hide & Unhide » Hide Rows. The row is hidden.
How do I hide certain rows and columns in Excel?
- Select one or more columns, and then press Ctrl to select additional columns that aren’t adjacent.
- Right-click the selected columns, and then select Hide.
How do I hide cells with specific text?
Press F5. Then enter C and the row number of the row to unhide, Then Enter.
As you are using column C.
- Select Column C by clicking the column heading “C”.
- On the Data tab click the Filter button.
- In the drop down that appears in C1 remove the check next to “HIDE THIS ROW”, Click OK.
Can you hide a formulas in Excel until data entered?
Actually, there is a formula that can help you to keep the formula cell empty until data entered in reference cells. … Select first cell that you want to place the calculated result, type this formula =IF(OR(ISBLANK(A2),ISBLANK(B2)), “”, A2-B2), and drag fill handle down to apply this formula to the cells you need.