How do you clean a new dive mask for the first time?
How to Pre-Treat a New Dive Mask
- To remove the film, use a slightly abrasive agent like toothpaste. …
- Take a thimble-sized amount of toothpaste and rub it on both sides of the DRY lenses. …
- Rinse the lens while rubbing away the toothpaste. …
- Once the toothpaste is rinsed away, DRY the lens with a clean towel or rag.
Should I burn my diving mask?
Many divers are adamant that using fire to burn the silicone coating off the lenses is the most effective way to pre-treat your mask. … Unlike using it for a second to light a cigarette, you’ll need to keep the flame ignited for at least several seconds and you don’t want to burn your fingers or the mask’s skirt.
Does toothpaste work as anti fog?
Like the baby shampoo, a coat of toothpaste can prevent condensation from forming on the lens of your goggles. However, it is not advised to use abrasive toothpaste as that might cause scratches on your goggle lenses; and just using a small amount is enough.
How do you use a 500 psi mask?
Easy to use just apply a small amount to the dry interior lens surface and rub in firmly using your fingers, then just rinse in fresh water to clean. 500PSI Mask Scrub comes in a convenient 2 fl. oz. (59 ml) applicator.
How do you maintain a dive mask?
How to Care for Your Diving Mask
- Store your dive mask in a cool, dry place.
- Clean your dive mask regularly and thoroughly.
- Keep your lens clear with an anti-fog solution.
- Don’t discard your mask immediately after diving.
How do you disinfect a snorkel and mask?
- Dilute a tablespoon of bleach in a bucket of warm water.
- Soak the snorkel in the bleach solution for up to 30 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Allow the snorkel to air dry.